Hire the East Peoria IL Criminal Lawyer You Need
Deciding on which lawyer will best represent you is overwhelming. With Borsberry Law on your side, the decision is made easier. We can help during this tumultuous time. Being accused of a crime is a serious matter, so if you find yourself in this situation, call us right away. Criminal law is one of our specialties, as we have several highly skilled criminal defense attorneys on staff. They all have vast experience to address your needs succinctly and successfully. We use this experience to get you the results you need to clear your name of all charges. You can always feel comfortable calling us, as it’s critical to have a source of strength and reliability on your side. This is especially so when faced with a criminal charge in and around East Peoria. Don’t put it past the police to make snap judgements about your guilt or innocence right off the bat. Remain quiet until you can speak to one of our criminal defense lawyers. Hire the East Peoria IL criminal lawyer you need to get the job done: Borsberry Law.
What To Do Next
When confronted with a criminal charge, time is of the essence. Take a moment to think about next steps and try to remain calm. Do the following:
- Don’t respond to questioning. Even if you know in your heart that you’re innocent, anything you say can prove dangerous to your case.
- If you find yourself in an accusatory situation by police, you simply say “I’m not going to answer your questions until I speak to Borsberry.”
- You may think a thorough explanation of your side of the matter will vindicate you but the police can arrest you at any time. They can do this even without proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Assume everything is being recorded. Don’t say anything until we arrive.
- Be aware that the police are well within their rights to ask you questions as a witness or suspected perpetrator of a crime. That doesn’t mean you have to answer them; just call us first.