If You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer in East Peoria IL, Come to Borsberry Law.
Here at Borsberry Law, we specialize in criminal defense cases. Our criminal defense lawyers are here for you if you should be charged with a crime. It’s in your best interests, if this happens, to call us right away and not speak to anyone else, including law enforcement. When faced with an arrest for a crime, or even initial questioning by police, you must remain silent about the events in question. Your next step is to call Borsberry Law Offices to secure legal representation. Decisions about perceived guilt or innocence can be made quite quickly by the police, and you don’t want to find yourself on the wrong side at this juncture. When in need of a criminal defense lawyer in East Peoria IL, come to Borsberry.
In the event you are arrested or feel you are facing imminent arrest, respectfully do the following:
- Ask to speak to your attorneys immediately.
- Tell the officer you are not going to answer any questions.
- Remain silent.
Criminal Law Areas of Expertise
Here is a look at some of the crimes and cases we cover:
- Sex Crimes – These include rape, child molestation, lewd conduct, prostitution and others –any offense involving illegal or coerced sexual conduct against an individual.
- Domestic Crimes – Psychological, physical or sexual abuse that one directs towards spouses, partners or children in your household. Additional charges for crimes like assault, battery, rape, etc. are common on top of these.
- Drug Crimes – These include possession, sale and usage of illegal substances, with the severity of these crimes depending on the amount and intention of the drug, as well as the level of harmfulness.
- Violent Crimes – Some violent crimes fall into other categories, like robbery or rape, while others include assault, battery, manslaughter, murder, arson and kidnapping.
- Theft – Basic theft is known as larceny, but other crimes include robbery, burglary, shoplifting and auto theft. Any time someone takes someone else’s property without their consent to deprive them of it permanently, we consider this theft.
- Traffic Violations – A traffic crime can be as simple as a parking or speeding ticket. But, they can be more severe if they involve harm or injury.
- DUI Defense – These include drinking and driving and driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. There is a chance to overturn DUI offenses if an arresting officer mishandles the case, or you can prove sobriety.
- Gun Crimes – These involve possessing or shooting firearms without proper registrations or permits. Authorites may charge more serious gun crimes alongside other violent crimes, such as robbery or homicide
Contact Borsberry Law for a Criminal Defense Lawyer in East Peoria IL
Charged with a crime or questioned in a crime? Call Borsberry Law Offices at 309-228-9060 for a free consultation. We are located right at 203 NE. Jefferson, Peoria, IL 61602, across the street from the Peoria County Court House.